No flow on SWG - how to trouble shoot

The no flow light is a steady red on our Mineral springs SWG - I found the video on replacing the sensor, but am wondering if there are trouble shooting steps to take first, before replacing. (the weed whacker has no access to the area ;) )

We've also had heavy rains, and the pool is turning - I'm thinking I need to SLAM it. Will get new levels tomorrow a.m.

I don't know what it was at the start of the season (Oh, I have SO MUCH to learn), but it is now at 58 - so I'm guessing it needs to be cleaned. Something more I guess I need to learn to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been backwashing the filter on a regular basis, but perhaps that isn't enough?

That is impossible as a pool pump can not generate that much pressure. You need a new gauge. I highly recommend the liquid filled ones like sold at tftestkits.net

Do the jets in the pool feel strong? If so, then there must be enough flow and that not be the problem.

*The return seems as strong as ever - will order the new gauge.
*I'm wondering if I should continue to slam the pool now, or first replace gauge and get to the the cause of the 'no flow' and correcting it.
(Clean filter, check sensor?)
*I know I need to raise the CYA - but probably shouldn't do that until the filter is cleaned, correct?

The water is looking better, I'm in the process of slamming it - will get levels again this evening and tomorrow a.m. to see where I'm at (will post those numbers in the morning). I back flushed, checked that sensor is installed correctly (was replaced just a year ago, as was the cell) -and sock in front of jet with stabilizer; new gauge has been ordered. I'm not sure what is wrong with the SWG. As I can't afford to have anyone look at it this season, is it possible to simply turn it off and keep the pool balanced with the liquid chlorine (bleach)? I realize this will be more work, but maybe my only option to get through the season. Will save $$ over the winter and have system checked to see if the board or unit needs to be replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks! For now, I guess that's the plan then. I have to continue to slam (lost more than 1.0 on TC overnight) - I have been using the SWG levels for slamming, but since the SWG isn't generating, should I work with the levels recommended for a non-SWG pool?
The ph was ok before I started, but is now high, I'm assuming because of the high FC? There is still stabilizer to dissolve from within the nylon, so I won't add anything yet, and hope the CYA comes up a bit. I certainly appreciate all the help. (If it weren't for the therapeutic role the pool has for my youngest children, I think I would have thrown in the towel!).:grrrr:

a.m. levels
TC - 20
TA 110
PH 8.2
CH 120
CYA - 30

Replies in red.
Thanks! For now, I guess that's the plan then. I have to continue to slam (lost more than 1.0 on TC overnight) - I have been using the SWG levels for slamming, but since the SWG isn't generating, should I work with the levels recommended for a non-SWG pool?
SLAM levels are the same for bleach and CYA pools.
The ph was ok before I started, but is now high, I'm assuming because of the high FC? Yes, your pH reads artificially with FC>10. There is still stabilizer to dissolve from within the nylon, so I won't add anything yet, and hope the CYA comes up a bit. I certainly appreciate all the help. (If it weren't for the therapeutic role the pool has for my youngest children, I think I would have thrown in the towel!).:grrrr:

a.m. levels
TC - 20 Can you please report FC and CC?
TA 110
PH 8.2
CH 120
CYA - 30

BIG mistake! Just realized that I shocked much higher than I should have - based on CYA level! UGH! Some day I might get this all under control!
With CYA 30, mustard level is 19FC. Even if you had 20FC, it isn't insanely high, but in future, please remember to use PoolMath to calculate additions.

Still at it -

Levels early this a.m.

FC 13 (same as last night)
CC .5 (was 0 last night)
TA 130 (was 110 last night)
PH 7.5 (same last evening)
CYA 30
CH 120

Do I need to be concerned about the elevated TA, since the PH is in range?

Water is indeed looking good, have kept filter on 24x7 and vacuuming (polaris vac sweep); it's been quite overcast, so not much 'loss' due to sun

So appreciative of the help - and patience….

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.