Los Gatos, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have a spring-loaded Pentair check valve after my cartridge filter to keep the solar system from draining back through the filter and pump suction lines when the pump turns off.

I recently had my pump replaced with an Intelliflow and the installer replaced the flapper in the check valve with a Flowvis. Although it is cool and I like the functionality while the pump is on, I am now getting bubbles gurgling into the filter when the pump turns off and the filter drains right away, although the pump doesn't drain enough to lose prime overnight. I can see air in the cover of the Flowvis too.

Now a lot of other plumbing was changed at the same time, but the filter was not touched. Is the Flowvis the culprit? Could it be? Can you put Jandy flappers in Pentair valve bodies?

Now a lot of other plumbing was changed at the same time, but the filter was not touched. Is the Flowvis the culprit? Could it be?
Doubt it.
Can you put Jandy flappers in Pentair valve bodies?
No.

The pump should never lose prime unless there is air allowed into the system somewhere.

WAIT a minute ....

Did they leave the Pentair check valve body and just put a FlowVis flapper in it? FlowVis sells all up check valves and just a retro-fit for existing valves, BUT, they do not sell a retrofit flapper for the Pentair valve body ... only for the Jandy valve body. I know, because I ran into this and had to buy a whole new valve instead of just the retrofit since I had a Pentair check valve. I have the emails from the manufacturer to prove that the retrofit will NOT work in a Pentair body.

All that said, I am not sure this would allow air in, but it likely would not seal and prevent the solar from draining into the filter.

Yes they just put the Flowvis flapper in the Pentair check valve body. I guess they'll have to fix this.

- - - Updated - - -

Jason can you forward me the emails?

Last time I asked as June 2013, although website still does not list a retrofit for Pentair:

Carol McKenzie <[email protected]>
6/17/13

Jason:

Unfortunately we still do not have a retrofit kit for Pentair at this time.

If you require further information, please let me know.

Carol

Carol McKenzie
Office Manager -
H2Flow Controls
3545 Silica Road
Unit F
Sylvania, OH 43560
Phone: 419-464-9502
Fax: 419-517-9900
e-mail: [email protected]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.