Steel Walls VS. Poly Walls VS. Composite Walls

Jun 11, 2014
elizabethtown, ky
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been researching for the last 3 weeks on different pool kits both online and local PB's and I have to say that I just can't seem to make a decision on which one would be best. I live in central Kentucky and plan on getting a 18 X 36 inground rectangle pool with hayward 1.5HP pump, 24" sand filter, 8' sit and step with jets (at shallow end), hayward Aquarite SWG and light. I have talked to several people and they all swear that their pool is awesome and the best and they are all setup different . So, I thought I would inquire here to find out what type of setup you guys would recommend for my situation...IE...I live in central Kentucky and we are going with a SWG..so should i stay will Steel (which is the cheapest) but doesn't really have a warranty and could corrode the steel walls.... if you have a SWG...go with POLY walls that don't corrode (which have a lifetime warranty to the buyer but maybe with the winter temps may freeze/crack?)..or go with composite which are the most expensive but come with a lifetime transferrable warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated I have spent hours and hours pouring over information and my wife is hounding me to make a decision so we can swim before the season is over. Also, I will be installing it myself...with a little help from my friends of course....

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris... welcome. Do you guys get hard freezes? I know we do in Pennsylvania! If not, then maybe Poly walls will better suit you since you want to go with a SWG. I guess, they would all get a thumbs up by people who own the pools you have questions about. The question is, What do you want to pay for? If a SWG is going to corrode the walls I'd nix the steel walled pool. So that leave the more expensive 2. So tell us Chris... What can your wallet handle? I think that is the real question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.