Sun shelf a sand color but what about the steps

Jun 18, 2014
Katy\tx
Hello,

I'm having my pool built and decided to go with a sandy colored gemstone plaster and the rest of the pool in a blue gemstone plaster.

the sunshelf has 3 large steps that go into the pool (at a depth of 4 ft). Should we do the steps in the sandy color or in blue. The PB has said that doing the steps in the sandy color may make the water look green at that point. Does anyone have any insight or advice?

Thanks!!

I would say it may look green the first year but as time goes on and your plaster settles in it will go away and lead to a very beautiful aqua color.

I would think only the shelf should be a different color if you are doing two. Leaving the steps the same as the bottom. This will delineate where the steps are more clearly versus the shelf if you had too many or even if not.

I like the look when the shelf is setoff making it distinct from the rest of the pool. I agree with bmoreswim and martinkennedy. Although, at the end of it all, it's your personal preference and your pool to enjoy.

your pool looks great! We are doing a similar stacked stone like you have in your walls and pillars.

I am leaning towards doing the steps in a sandy color too to give it a a more gradual look. However, my PB hasn't done this before and I don't see any examples when I search google so i'm wondering if there's a specific reason why not or if i'm missing something.... my taste can't be that weird :)

Sun Shelf

This form has help me decide and going the the sand color, for the sun shelf top only . I'm doing the steps and rest of the pool in blue. I've seen pic's of the steps done in a sand color, I feel it accent the steps which is not necessary. Just put some step markers, lots of attractive choices and look pretty!:D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.