Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My skimmer weir door (or flapper) keeps falling off. I am guessing it is because the round socket (or whatever) on the skimmer itself has because somewhat worn and doesn't hold the weir door as well as it used to. Do I need to replace the entire skimmer unit to fix this or are there other options?

I don't know if these all work the same but my weir door snaps into a circular plastic holder. But it comes lose on pretty much a daily basis.

Does the part the weir snaps into disconnect from the skimmer?

I remember one of mine had a thin piece of plastic that was screwed into the skimmer and the weir itself attached to that ... although that was a skimmer for a plaster pool, not sure if they are different.

I don't recall seeing that but I will take a closer look when I get the chance. The skimmer is held into the side of the pool with about a dozen screws - you access these by pulling off the front facing of the skimmer which is just held in place by friction.

The the weir I had, the screw holding the door hinge was behind the door, so you have to stick your arm in from the lid and try to unscrew it.

Like I said, not sure if yours is different though.

FYI here is a photo that I took with my underwater camera - this is the side that seems to come off first. The Skimmer is labeled Equator. There doesn't appear to be any screws that allow you to remove part of the skimmer.

14535543709_2b59c3b9a2_z.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.