First Pool build. Any input would be helpful

Jul 16, 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC
We are looking into building out 1st pool. Virtual tour provided below. This is the setup recommended by the pool builder:

Perimeter Feet: 120’
Steps : Per Plans
Bench: Per Plans
Surface SQFT: 658 SQFt
Pool Depth: 3’ – 5’( With lounging area per plans 12” deep)
Tile: Waterline 1” x 1” Matted Jules series

Interior Finish: Specialty Aggregate Gem Finish (Choice Of Color)www.floridastucco.com Gem Series

Skimmers: 2
Lights: 2- 500 Watt White (Could Opt for LED)
Main Drains: 4 Pool
Returns: 6 Pool

Equipment:
3 Year Full Warranty on all Equipment No Exceptions!
Pump: Jandy 1.5 Hp Jandy Stealth (Most Energy Efficient Available)
Filter: Jandy CV 580 Cartridge
Sanitization – Ei 1400 Salt System

Pool Decking and Coping
Techo Block Blue 60mm - on a 6" gravel base
Techo Block Bullnose

Any input/ recommendations on the equipment? I know I am going to upgrade to LED lights. I am considering going with Wet Edge in a Satin Matrix finish. I am also considering an upgrade on the pool pump also to a 2hp. I would rather be overkill than underpowered and have to replace. The equipment itself is sitting roughly 100 ft from the pool and will sit maybe 18" max below the pool edge. The backyard has a slope and I do not want the pool equipment near the house. I was thinking about a controller such as the Jandy iAquaLink to wirelessly turn on and off the equipment and lights, but the builder said since it is really only 3 items, 2 lights, and a pool pump, that it would be less expensive to have the electrician wire everything to switches. (I can use home automation switches from x10, z-wave, etc) to be able to remotely turn on and off the equipment.

Any input would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPaIJGDbIb4

Welcome to TFP. Is the youtube vid the layout of the pool? If so, I like it!

I think, if you aren't running any water features you are way over kill on a 2hp pump and you don't need it.

Others will be by with their take on it.

No water features. Pretty basic is terms of not wanting to add items that may be more costly to fix later down the road. Living in the south east we are pretty hot from May through Sept so no heater, no hot tub. The video is a virtual layout of the pool and backyard area. Pool builder does this for all of his clients.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.