Are there other leak companies besides American Leak Detection, and overflow question

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
I have two questions, can anyone recommend another company besides american leak detection? I know I have a leak in my pool, but they can not find it. The guy has swam my pool twice and he says it's leaking also but he just can't find where. My builder installed a sump pump after us having issues with my liner floating away from the side. My sump pump turns on regularly to drain water away from the pool, even when we have gone 3 weeks with no rain. I've tested the water with my test kit that comes out the pump, it has chlorine and also salt in it. So I know it has to be coming from the pool from somewhere. When the man tested the pool, he did the pipes first and said it wasn't them, then he swam the pool looking for a hole. Is there any other way other than swimming looking for a hole in the liner?

I will be going on vacation for a week soon and I'm nervous about if we have a lot of rain come through, right now I go outside and turn a valve to take water out the pool if the water level gets too high. My mom's pool has a plug in her skimmer that she removes if she goes out of town, in case we get heavy rains, it drains out of that spot. Is there any way to add an over flow now that the pool is finished?

I would check the skimmers, returns and the lights. Are you leaking on 2 sides of the pool or just one? If it's just one wall, I would concentrate on that one side.

What fixtures do you have on the wall where you see the most water? If you can't find it, your last solution would be to leave the pool drain down to the lowest point, be it a skimmer, return or bottom of light and you'll more than likely have your answer.

Thank you Casey, they have checked all of that multiple times. First the pool builder, then the two times the guy from american leak detector came they checked that. After the pool was finished we noticed the dirt around the pool staying damp looking and then any rain we had the liner would come away from the walls and seat. The side that the ground stayed damp is the side that my two skimmers are on, that's also where my two lights are. I guess I'll wait until the winter to let it drain all the way down to the lowest point so I can keep the pump running now. I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to turn green with the pump off in this heat in Louisiana.

American Leak Detection should offer a 30 day guarantee so I would make them come back out and find your leak until they locate it. American Leak Detection missed an obvious leak in one of my returns that my local pool company found easily when doing a pressure test. They are coming back out to pinpoint the exact location of the leak in my return lines for free since they missed the leak the first time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.