full automation

dumbcluck

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2013
long beach, CA
if I wanted to control a Pentair vsp pump, a raypak heater, a Pentair ic40 swg, a Pentair 5g color light for both pool and spa and a solar panel would the easytouch syatem work or is the solar part not controlled by easytouch?
confused by automation.:confused:

The pool and spa panel comes with valve actuators, if you don't need them then the single body model will be cheaper. You want to specify the easy touch model with the included IC 40 as well, since it will come pre-wired for the salt cell including an integrated salt cell power supply.

Additionally since you are getting the easy touch, I would get it with the IC60 model. It will only be $25 or so more, and the salt cell will last 50% longer since you will be running it at a lower power level. The easy touch allows finer percentage control of the SWG than you would have with a stand alone salt cell.

wow. thanks. im pretty sure I wont need to control 8 things though. 4 should be enough and the 4 control doesn't have an ic60 option. 8 sounds like a lot I cant imagine needing it without any water features. also it looks like bumping up from 4 control ic40 to 8 control ic60 is closer to $300.

To incorporate solar into the easy touch, I seem to remember that I would need some extra parts. I'll have to search around to find that list unless anyone here knows that actually uses it.
I am rough plumbed including the solar stub ups. I don't have any actual solar panels yet but probably won't be long after build is complete as I can't afford to pay pb installation prices. I will do panels myself but am wondering what I need to put in now during initial install so it can be as effortless as possible when the time comes. Should I install as if I had the panels and just cap stubs up by the roof they will sit on? Meaning fully connect on the equipment pad side, or is that a bad idea?
Ok. Found the list.
Solar valve. 263047
2 way valve 263029
Temp sensor 520272
Actuator 263045
Flovis flow meter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.