Will any of these work for bottom liner protection?

Jul 13, 2014
Fresno, California
Hi guys,

I am new here have been reading and reading and lurking for awhile, finally leveled my ground, bought my pool/saltwater system and am going to finally install the thing tomorrow. I have a couple questions about some protection on the bottom floor. I know the recommended stuff to use is extruded foam but am looking to cut some costs if I can, plus this thing is only going up for a couple months since we are halfway through summer. I'll be taking it down and looking for a more permanent install next year.

Anyway the ground is really smooth (the initial area was mostly dirty with some slight dead grass so it was easy to work with) I removed all the roots completely, leveled it and dumped about an inch of sand.

Do you guys think I'd be able to get away with putting some material like this "Floor Underlayment" underneath it's supposedly 0.75 inch?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_113768-2292...URL=?Ntt=underlayment&facetInfo=#BVRRWidgetID

I also found this Landscape Fabric on clearance at Sears that is supposed to be anti-weeds, mold etc.. what do you guys say? (See pic attachment)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 74
I would actually hold off on that floor underlayment since you only have a couple months of swim time left and you're going to redo it anyways right? I'm assuming this is an INTEX pool? I would use the tarp provided? and the weed barrier and set up on that and save for the foam for next year. JMO...

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

I would actually hold off on that floor underlayment since you only have a couple months of swim time left and you're going to redo it anyways right? I'm assuming this is an INTEX pool? I would use the tarp provided? and the weed barrier and set up on that and save for the foam for next year. JMO...

Welcome to TFP. :wave:
Yes, it is an Intex 15x48 sorry for not mentioning. I do plan on taking it down in the winter. It does come with a tarp...I haven't looked at it yet but just assumed it would not be very thick. I figured since either option above would be cheap why not lay something down on top of the tarp, just for peace of mind I guess. If you were to choose what do you think is the better choice the Floor Layment (that's where I'm leaning)? Heck if it works maybe I'll put it up next year too and save some bucks. :cool::D

Thanks for the welcome and help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.