Pool Staining Question

Collee

Jul 13, 2014
Long Island, NY
IG vinyl pool hasn't been opened in 4 yrs. Water finally clear(ish) and debris removed. There are stains on bottom of liner (deep and shallow) as well as the sides of pool. No amount of brushing made any change. I assumed (i know, i know) that they were organic but on whim I bough Vitamin C tabs today, dropped on a stain and voila - GONE. I then dumped a handful into a sock and started scrubbing the walls, again - ERASED.

I know this is a newbie question but due to the fact that the vitamin C produced instant erase results of the stains, is it fair to assume that the stains are not organic? If so, what should my next step be to rid the pool of ALL stains. Yes, sock scrubbing with handfuls of Vitamin C would be comical but obviously not realistic.

I ordered the TF-100 on Tuesday and should arrive shortly. Below are the test result from the PS as of this morning.

FAC and TAC - 5 (could very well be higher but PS readings cap at 5)
pH - 7.4
TA - 90
CYA - 30
CH - 150
TDS - 350
Phos - 0

Any and all advice on the stain removal would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for the reply. I read the info in the link you sent me and googled where to buy ascorbic acid. Is it sold under a different name that I can buy locally at at B&M store. I want to be aggressive with this and don't want to wait for an online order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.