SWG and IG Viny Linerl Pool

So I am discussing with my wife the idea of switching to a SWG but she is apprehensive that salt water is bad for a vinyl liner. After reading some pool school articles on pool liner materials and the thread about SWG I see no mention of problems with salt water pools and vinyl liners. Only thing that would prematurely corrode would be metal parts, like ladders and such? Am I correct in saying that switching to a SWG as a chlorine source should be a non-issue with a vinyl liner? We have no pool heater and AFAIK, the pipes underground are all PVC.

Salt level in a pool is actually much lower than most people expect. Ocean water has about 10 times higher concentration of salt.

It's not an issue with vinyl liners. In my area, SWGs are quite common with vinyl pools, mine included. I would certainly choose a SWG over liquid chlorine any day.

My pool is vinyl and it has a SWCG since it was built about 6 years ago. I personally cannot think of one downside to a SWCG - it is cheaper (assuming that you will spend at least $200 per year on chlorine) , the water feels better on your skin with no smell and there is much less maintenance. I have flagstone around my pool and I haven't seen the salt cause any issues with the stone. What's not to like?

(I assuming that the depreciation of a salt cell is $100/yr and other depreciation and costs, like CYA, are another $100/yr. If I am off on these costs someone let me know.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.