Aeration to RAISE PH?

Jul 2, 2014
Atlanta GA
Split by moderator from HERE. Please do not hijack old threads and do ask questions in your own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

I'm confused by the posts regarding getting the 'Ph back up.' Isn't the purpose of aeration to lower the TA? Some posters reference adding more acid to keep the Ph down during the process, and others reference trying to increase the Ph during aeration. So should Ph be kept low and TA measured until TA is down to the correct level and then borax added to raise the Ph again.

Split by moderator from HERE. Please do not hijack old threads and do ask questions in your own thread. Thanks, jblizzle

I'm confused by the posts regarding getting the 'Ph back up.' Isn't the purpose of aeration to lower the TA? Some posters reference adding more acid to keep the Ph down during the process, and others reference trying to increase the Ph during aeration. So should Ph be kept low and TA measured until TA is down to the correct level and then borax added to raise the Ph again.

This thread doesn't really discuss Borax... but I too was confused when I first read the page that stated how to do this... I think the writer has a different "style". Anyways, the point is to LOWER TA with Muriatic Acid and that in turn lowers PH. To get the PH back up to specification (7.5 is my understanding) you aerate the water, and repeat if the TA is still to high.

Got it? :)

With relation to Borax, you want a TA of 70 to do so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.