Skimmer filter baskets

May 1, 2014
Lewisville, TX
Hello, all!

I hope everyone is doing well. I have an odd question about the skimmer baskets on my IG pool. When the pump turns back on in the morning, it doesn't always pull the baskets back down into the seat. I tend to get a lot of debris into the pump skimmer basket this way. I was thinking of added a weight to the baskets, but wanted to see if anyone has done this before. I like to keep the pump on a medium low speed (2000 RPM). I find this provides the best balance between suction and energy efficiency. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I have always had a rock in my basket to prevent it from floating ... just make sure it is bigger than the hole in the bottom of the skimmer in case you drop it. ;)

Thanks, Jason! I'll see what non-porous rocks are around the house.

BTW, I just put a Hayward large capacity leaf catcher on my XL cleaning robot. Any tips/tricks on using it? The robot (we call him Rumper) seems to be moving a little slower, which I'm guessing is from the reduced suction. I changed the pump speeds slightly to compensate, but thought to ask if there's anything else I should know.

Thanks a bunch!

I have the same problem when I use skimmer socks. Without one on it stays in place. Put a sock on and as soon as the pump kicks off the basket flips. I use a river rock but if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, they do sell weighted baskets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.