Hello from Texas!

Pisces

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
League City, Texas
Hi, guys! My husband and I are in the process of getting bids for our pool build. We live between Houston, Tx. and Galveston. We hope to start in September (oh, yay...hurricane season :shock: ), October at the latest. I've been reading this forum since the end of May...and it's already helping tremendously in the way I approach the whole thing. THANK YOU ALL for the advice, knowledge, and experiences...and sharing some really awesome pool builds through your pictures!! :goodjob:

I'm sure I'll have LOTS more questions as we get more into this thing...have one bid, waiting for another, and will do a third bid at least, maybe more. Many thanks, again...for making me a much more informed consumer. You're a GREAT BUNCH, and I'm enjoying every minute reading...some entertainment with my education..what more could you want? :wave:

The Mermaid Queen said:
Ack! another Texan! :rant:

totally just kidding!!! Welcome to TFP! 8)

Hey, MQ...I'll live up to our reputation for ya and try to be as loud and irritating as possible, starting with hitting that "Report this post" button. :poke: LOLOL!! That's what I like about 'youz guys'...your sense of (warped) humor! :mrgreen: I'm just glad TFP doesn't stand for "Texan-Free Pools" *snerk* :lol:

Thank you...glad to be here!

Thank you Sean and Frustratedpoolmom...hey, I need to learn to do multiple quotes like all you *fancy* board members...haha! I'll learn...

Mom...yes, we DO have a ton of pools down here in He.., um, Texas. It's waaaaay hot and humid (heck-I have to put out the naturally occuring flames around the house on a regular basis :twisted: Dang that sulphur), and it's the only way you can survive the summer. Plus, we can keep our pools open all year. It's my compensation for living in Beelzebub, Texas (yes, it's THAT hot).

Sean! Thank you for starting the forum...it's awesome! :bowdown: Yep, League City is bustin' out all over. I'm hating the traffic...it's getting really bad. It's really a nice town, tho..and big water is soooo close by, plus the cruise terminal is a hop, skip away. Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!! Suz

Butterfly said:
Hi Pices,

Well, we Carolinians are gonna' have to get some more members to catch up with the Texans! :lol:

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Butterfly...oh my gosh "in my mind I'm goin' to Carolina". I'll trade you for the weather and scenery in a heartbeat!! If we could just get NASA to move up there....grrrr. We've thought about retiring to the Carolinas one day, but we'll have to work forever to pay for our pool! :wink: Thank you for the welcome!

frustratedpoolmom said:
I was just saying to hubby yesterday that Texas sure has a lot of pools. He said, "how do you know" and I said "because there are so many people on TFP that live in Texas"....:)

When it's 105 :sun: (like it was yesterday), everyone needs a place to cool off!

Welcome Pisces!

sammm said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
I was just saying to hubby yesterday that Texas sure has a lot of pools. He said, "how do you know" and I said "because there are so many people on TFP that live in Texas"....:)

When it's 105 :sun: (like it was yesterday), everyone needs a place to cool off!

Welcome Pisces!

AMEN!! I'm already trying to figure out how to cool the pool down when the time comes...ack! Ice cubes? Maybe dump the frozen Margaritas directly in the pool...I dunno. At this point, we just stay underwater with a snorkel...and don't come up until November...Thank you Sammm, for the welcome! :wave:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support