Jandy Spa LED Light - Only some of the LEDs light up

Apr 23, 2014
Tampa, FL
I've used this forum as a research tool many times in the past to solve my pool issues, but I can't seem to find this exact issue. I have a Jandy LED spa light and it is approximately 6 years old. We use it every night for about 3-4 hours and recently the colors started to look very dim and some of them were not the proper coloration. After looking at the light it seems like only the top row or two of LEDs are lighting up. Even at that I don't think the LEDs are changing to all the colors they need to be either. I have two Jandy LED pool lights and they are both working fine. The spa light runs from the spa to a mounted converter box next to the Jandy control box and then runs out of the converter box to the Jandy control box. It says "Input 120v, output 12v" and it says it is for use in pools and landscape lighting.

I'm looking for suggestions on how I should go about trouble shooting this. I'm really hoping it's not the light itself, but something tells me that I'm going to have to buy a new light. Not to go off on a tangent, but I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Jandy's equipment. When our pool was originally installed we had all brand new Jandy equipment. Throughout the next 3-5 years (mostly under warranty) we have replaced the DE filter, Heat Pump, Chlorinator (twice), chlorinator sensor (twice), PIB board, PCB board, PDA remote and now this light. The only thing we have had no issues with is the variable speed pump (knock on wood). If i were to get a replacement light, does anyone have any suggestions other than Jandy? I have a Jandy automation system, but from what it will work with other lights. The only thing is, i'm not sure if the spa light will match the two pool lights then.

Thanks in advance for any help!

~Lee

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Sorry no one responded to your query. Not sure if there's no advice or whether this just slipped through the cracks (it gets busy here during the summer). Perhaps someone will see this bumped up and be able to help (unfortunately this isn't my area of expertise).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.