First test results with K2006 kits - and right after pool service

Jul 12, 2014
McKinney, TX
So I got my new test kit in the mail today, and it just so happens that the PB did the service today as well. I know that my pH has been high, so I wondered where I would end up.

FC 2.2
CC 0.2
pH Low - seemed to be 6.8 (maybe)? I had to add 16 drops of R-0008 to get it to 7.2 and I am not quite sure what that means.
TA 30
CYA 90 - 100 My eyesight isn't the best, but it is somewhere in that range.

I am somewhat worried about the pH - it seems likely that they dumped a bunch of acid in the pool today, but I have no idea how much. I am also concerned about the CYA. Seems it might be a bit high.

Thoughts on how to proceed?

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

What is the pool surface?
How old is the pool?
What is the CH?

Your CYA is already too high, the FC is too low, the TA is too low, and the pH is WAY too low (unless they are doing an acid wash or something).

I have come to put very little faith in PB chemical service :(

OK, I decided to bite the bullet and TFP the heck out of my pool. :)

I added 8.25% Bleach and Borax, per recommendation from the Chlorine/CYA chart and the Pool Calc.

FC is now 10.5
CC does not appear to have changed - still right around 0.2.
pH is now at 7.2, but it should be rising as the Borax finishes working.

I retested this morning.

FC 9
CC 0.2
PH 7.4
TA 60
CH 350 - 375 (man my eyes are bad....blue is a rough color for me.)
CYA 90

I just added baking soda into the skimmer to try and bring up the TA. It will also - hopefully - bring the PH up a little as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Only if you get enough to have to pump some water out of the pool. You have to physically remove it from the pool.

The water goes out of the overflow by one of the skimmers out of the side yard, but there is no way it is going to be enough. Unfortunately, we are under watering restrictions, so I don't know when I could actually do something like that.

Other than needing higher amounts of Chlorine, what will high levels of CYA do to the pool (or us)?

You will just need to keep the FC above 7ppm at all times, likely having to target 10-11 ppm every day ... and remember if the FC > 10ppm, the pH test will not work correctly (reads artificially high).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.