Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Readings Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Readings Question

Hey Everybody --

Hope your pools are doing great for you ... Temps in the high 80's here and humidity off the chart.

Got a question or two.

Using a Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

Yesterday's readings:
    FC .5
    CC .5
    Ph 7.0
    TA 50
    CYA <30 Added stabilizer at the recommended rate using the BleachCalc on this site and was going to add the proper amount of 6% bleach tonight and adjust the TA too.

Here are todays readings:
    FC 1.5
    CC .5
    Ph 7.0
    TA 50
    CYA 30 but slightly dingy on the black dot at bottom of tube

Question 1: Why a variation in the FC today from yesterday with only the addition of CYA yesterday.
    Question 2: Added the calculator's recommended amount of CYA (6 lbs) and made only a slight change in the
    water clarity in the test tube. Went from a very clear way <30 to slightly dingy 30 today.

I'm not a chemist - so go easy on me. Hahaha
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

2. Back To Top    #2
    If you didn't add any chlorine then one of those FC tests is wrong. Try testing it again and see if you can get a consistent result. Also, you should bring your FC up to 4 or 5.

It can take CYA up to a week to dissolve. I wouldn't expect it to come up all the way in only a day.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe it was yesterday's FC reading that was inaccurate. Checked it again just now and it registered 3 drops on the 10 ml scale = 1.5.
    I'll add the 6% to bring it up more.

Thanks for the response.
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand