Portable pool filling right now, sloped?!!!!

Jul 26, 2008
We just assembled a 15X31 portable pool. 3" top rails -- HEAVY and hard to assemble. (Oh, I don't want to have to take it down, or empty our well refilling it!) It is about 1/2 way full and, even though we paid to have it "professionally" levelled, it is 2 1/2" - 3" deeper on one end.

I'm so very frustrated. We have had delay after delay with the levelers, with pool delivery, with needing to have several extra people available for assembly, and now to start all over? We live in Pacific NW, so swimming season is about over. I have 5 kids going to be very unhappy. (Thanks for letting me vent!)

Anyone with experience, good or bad, please advise on how level the pool really has to be. I don't want to jeopardize pool integrity, and I'll start over if I must, but if there's any tolerance to small grade, I'd sure love to hear that!

Elyn

The bottom itself can be unlevel that much with no problem. I'd be concerned if the top rail is that much out of level. Have tried measuring from the water surface to the top rail at several spots to get a feel for where the problem is?

Yup.

We had a drop of about 3 inches on our 20' round AG pool the first time we put it up.

Kept trying to convince my self it would be alright, but when it was getting closer to being filled, well, it looked like it wanted to 'roll' down hill. The posts had a definite 'lean' to them.

Had to excavate and level a new area, leveled some concrete pavers for the post bases. Got it level to withing a quarter of an inch all the way around.

Didn't put chlorine in the pool the first time, so just used it to water all lf the trees...

Not a lot of fun, but was glad I did it. Just didn't like doing it twice. The upside is that it was a lot easier the second time around.

Good Luck!

2.5 to 3 inches off. WOW. With the laser levels on the market now, someone didn't know how to set it up.

First I would let the "professionally" installed people know bad they did. Tell them that this fall, come back and redo the work. After school starts and swim season is done, drain the pool and have them come back to redo their work. Your well should beable to handle the refill. I'm figuring you are going to leave the pool up all winter.

Second, since you are on a well,(and the pool is half full now) I would fill the pool until the skimmer can work and let the kids swim.

Your only other choice is to drain the pool and do it now. Your swim season will be almost none and you 'll be putting a strain on the well/pump. You can't redue the pool and leave it for very long without about 3/4 full water in it.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Coming from someone who used to have well water.
Tasted way better than city water too.

You could always drain the pool right back into the well with a garden hose if you can and maybe chlorinate your well water too if it tastes funky :mrgreen:

Just throwing ideas out there.

Got a pump running draining the pool. Bummer. Right now, running water with a hose to nearby fruit trees so I will feel like it's less of a waste. Unfortunately, the skimmer was on the "shallow" end of the pool, so even temporary use was questionable. Best to have it done right, I guess. Thanks for the advice everyone!

Elyn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.