Wet Edge Product/Cost Comparision

Jul 16, 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC
We are in the process of finalizing up a contract with a local pool contractor. He has a pretty good reputation from several different references from homeowners to two different subs that have done work for him in the past, both fencing guys. While looking over his proposal there are a few numbers that I am not too sure of. I know that pools cost different prices from region to region, but the cost of materials/services should not be that far off. Hoping you guys can take a look and see if this sounds right. This is what we are looking at:
Pool Shape: Per Plans

Perimeter Feet: 120’
Steps : Per Plans
Bench: Per Plans
Surface SQFT: 658 SQFt
Pool Depth: 3’ – 5’( With lounging area per plans 12” deep)
Tile: Waterline 1” x 1” Matted Jules series

Interior Finish: Specialty Aggregate Gem Finish (Choice Of Color)www.floridastucco.com Gem Series

Skimmers: 2
Lights: 2- 500 Watt White (Could Opt for LED)
Main Drains: 4 Pool
Returns: 6 Pool

Equipment:
3 Year Full Warranty on all Equipment No Exceptions!
Pump: Jandy 1.5 Hp Jandy Stealth (Most Energy Efficient Available)
Filter: Jandy CV 580 Cartridge
Sanitization – Ei 1400 Salt System

One concern is the upgrade price from the Gem Series to Wet Edge. To upgrade to Wet Edge Pebble product I am being quoted $4000 depending on the color. Does this sound right for 1 an upgrade and 2 for a pool of this size? The Gem Series product feels like sand paper to me. Not a fan. I would really like to use Pebble Tec, but there are no local pool installers that use the product. Closest one is 180 miles from me and will only travel for larger commercial jobs. I have gone as far as calling the South East sales rep and talking with him.

Second concern which after a little research I am fairly certain on it the LED lights upgrade. $1400 to again upgrade to 2 LED lights. The enitre housing kit and light costs about half that price.

Any and all input would be appreciated. If I am going to do this, I am going to do it once and I want to make sure it is done right.

My pool builder offers Wet Edge finishes.
the non pebble is called luna quartz.
They have 3 levels from what I recall on the pebble.
satin matrix-upgrade to about 2k
pearl matrix 3k range
prism--this was almost like a terrazo finish really pricey-6k
I recommend you youtube wetedge technology-a great tutorial on there for finishes...
If it makes you feel better I am paying around $900 for a hayward color logic light.

Don't worry about Wet Edge vs. Pebble Tec. The guy who started Pebble Tec took his quarry connections and started Wet Edge. We have Wet Edge Satin Matrix (small pebbles) and we love it! Worth every penny, and that upgrade sounds about right. Links to our build which has pictures are in my signature.

Oh, do not even think for a second about upgrading to LED lights. So much more fun and way more energy efficient. That price sounds very expensive though.

Don't worry about Wet Edge vs. Pebble Tec. The guy who started Pebble Tec took his quarry connections and started Wet Edge. We have Wet Edge Satin Matrix (small pebbles) and we love it! Worth every penny, and that upgrade sounds about right. Links to our build which has pictures are in my signature.

Oh, do not even think for a second about upgrading to LED lights. So much more fun and way more energy efficient. That price sounds very expensive though.

Hi Needsdecaf,
I currently have planned for the included luna quartz superblue finish by wetedge technology, can you provide me details on the satin matrix and its feel? I have young ones and staying away from the pebble finish due to its rough texture. How is the finish on the satin matrix?

Sounds like you've researched the LED lights yourself, but $1400 EXTRA is wayyy to much for LED lights unless he is adding installation into the cost.

The Pentair Intellibrites are the most expensive of the 'major' companies, and even so, 2 can be had for less than $1000 total!

http://www.mypoolyard.com/product_i...vcBryFdf4D1QSGytUHLtXr_RH9GJUZ_XNIaAnYa8P8HAQ

See if the PB will price match for some nice LED upgrades :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.