Limited options with pentair valve actuators and easytouch system.

Feb 14, 2014
Texas
I have all pentair equipment with two valve actuators and a pool and a spa. Currently I have the following functions programmed:

-pool mode: suction comes in from both pool skimmer and pool drain and returns to zero edge spa for spillover (75%) but also return to pool (25%) to get some water movement. Percentages set via valve actuator.
-spa mode: suction from spa and return to spa.

The problem: my 2 HP single speed motor does not provide much water movement to pool when on pool mode. Keep in mind I am returning 75% to spa to get the spillover effect and only 25% to pool via the actuator. Ideally I would like to have 3 functions programmed that look like this:

-pool mode: same as pool mode above but return 100% to spa to get a nice and powerful spillover
-spa mode: same as above
-pool mode 2: same as above but return 100% to pool to get water movement and effective skimming.

Since I know pool mode 2 does not exist can I take advantage of a spillover function?

I think you defined exactly what spillover mode is ... At least that is what the Hayward automation does.

All pool (or maybe a little spillover) in Pool mode.
All spa in spa mode.
All pool suction and all spa return in spillover mode.

Please do not double post. I deleted your other thread.

While there are four modes: Pool (pool only), Spa (spa only), Fill (spa spills over into the pool), and Drain (not normally used, spa drains), you can only program schedules for two of them (pool only or spa only) on an EasyTouch. The other two are available in service mode. You can work around this by installing another valve that controls the spillover in pool mode on an aux circuit, but this likely involve additional plumbing and some mildly tricky programming.

Thanks JasonLion for info. Based on this info I am wondering if I need a stronger pump. Time to engage the pool builder. Or I will program the valve to return 100 percent to spa while in pool mode. I have a separate booster pump for my floor cleaner and am wondering if the cleaner relies on the pool return for any of its operations.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.