Broken Niche Tab

Jul 21, 2013
So I've read all about the light wedge. Actually have one ordered for my niche. I also have a replacement sealing ring on order. I think that's what it's called. The stainless steal ring that actually has the tab on it. All things being equal, which would you use?? The wedge is obviously cheaper and probably easier/faster. But replacing the ring seems to be the "right way" to do it. Also, what happens when I remove the six screws to take off the old ring? Don't want the whole niche to come apart.

TIA

We might need some more help. The pool light is normally held in place by a single brass (bronze?) screw at the very top of the fixture and removal of that single screw allows your light to lift out of the pool and be placed on the deck for maintenance.

Sounds like you might be describing something different.

Yes. But that single brass screw has to bite on something. Something like a little tab. My tab is broken. So I can either go with the light wedge as a fix, or I found the stainless steal ring that has the tab on it. Which would you guys go with?

Well the light wedge and the trim ring both came today. I chose to replace the ring instead of just using the wedge. If I could figure out how to post a photo, I would. Keeps telling me I've exceeded my quota?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.