Test Results

Jun 18, 2014
Glendora, CA
Hello,

I just stopped by the pool store and have them test my sample :p. I already bough the test kit TF-100 Test Kit (still in the box) and will compare it tonight against the store.

So far from the pool store:

Chlorine: 3.0
P.H.: 7.8
Alkalinity: 190 (he wrote on same line 146.7 CYA)
Conditioner: 130
Phosphate: 200

Pool store recommended 2 quarts of acid (Muriatic Acid), pouring one quart per day. I will post my test result tonight from the kit I bought

TT

trackstar,

I want to make sure you get the gist of the replies to this point. In a nutshell, you would probably better served if you ignored completely the pool store results.

The whole point of your own testing is that it gives you the precision and repeatability to make good decisions on what, if any, changes you need to make to your pool.

Comparing results will only confuse you and even confuse any actions you may decide to take

^^^ What he said.

I've taken 3 samples taken at the same time to 3 stores within an hour, got 3 completely different sets of results, and 3 totally different expensive recommended purchases.

With the TF-100 I can test 3 samples and get exactly the same results.

Which would you trust?

I haven't had a chance to test it yet. The house we bought with the pool still is a distance away from my old house and without internet there its hard to live :(. If I store the water (sample for testing) for over a day, would the test be legitimate?

I will post a new thread with results as it is better not to confuse with the pool results.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet. The house we bought with the pool still is a distance away from my old house and without internet there its hard to live :(. If I store the water (sample for testing) for over a day, would the test be legitimate?

I will post a new thread with results as it is better not to confuse with the pool results.
The sample will be no good. CYA and CH will probably be accurate, and maybe TA, but pH will change with all the handling and temperature changes, and FC disappears with time no matter what.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.