Green Cloudy pool

Jul 15, 2014
Portland OR
I am this close (less than an inch) to just draining the pool into the street!

We have a 12 x 24 rectangular INTEX above ground pool. The water was clear when I pulled back the cover, but I went back to Wisconsin for a little over a week and didn't replace the cover. We have 5 huge cherry trees in the yard and they splatted into the pool.

The water was green with slimy cherries when I returned. I scooped the cherries out and used Green to Blue but absolutely nothing happened to clear up the green.

I've backwashed and replace 3000 of water; used 5# of shock and Green to Blue 3 more times and I still have green water only now it's opaque.

Next I bought a "Pool Critter" and put that into the pool. Well, that was a moot point because I couldn't even see if it was on the bottom so I hauled it back out.

Last night I bought floc and threw that into the pool. This morning the water is still opaque and green. How long should I wait to see if this is even working?

OR: Should I drain the pool and start over?

Welcome to TFP. You can't go wrong by reading the ABC's of Pool Water chemistry and ordering a good reliable test kit that you will use every day.