Help on selecting a SWG

Jun 20, 2012
Wynantskill, NY
I am considering buying a SWG, as I am tired of clearing the grocery store out of bleach, and lugging it around. It also would be nice to go on a vacation and not have to try and add more chlorine before I go away, and possibly come back to things being out of whack.

My pool stats are in my signature, although I might need to provide some more data on the pump flow.

This is obviously enticing because of the price, but not sure it can handle the size of my pool, and how long I would have to run it for. I am currently only running the pool for 4 hours a day.
http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Krystal-Clear-Saltwater-System/dp/B0064OONXQ

Any other suggestions? Sorry if this is already covered somewhere, but please point me in the right direction.

We recommend sizing the SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. I am not sure what the output of the Intex SWG is, but I would guess you would have to run your pump MUCH longer.

You would likely be better off with something like the Hayward AquaTrol (which may still be a little small if you want to continue with the short run times). You can always use one of the larger in-ground SWGs as well like the AquaRite 25k or 40k cell, but I know that is significantly more money.

- - - Updated - - -

There is an Intex that claims to work up to 15k pools, but still may need to increase run time.

You may also want to consider the cell life. One that is designed for more water volume will probably outlast one that is for less water volume. The larger unit won't be running as much. Upfront cost may be more, but in the end it could be cheaper going with one designed for larger volume.
Just something to think about. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.