Cloudy water issue?

Last week a major storm rolled in and I ended up with twigs and leaves and you name in if it was on the ground in ended up in the pool. Since then I have had nothing but issues clearing up the pool. I finally got rid of the slight algae I did have last week from it, cleared the filter of all the mess that was in it, vac the pool really good several times but still ended up with a very cloudy pool. Every time I think the pool is clearing up it gets cloudy again the next day. I tried slamming it and running filter for a few days. The chemicals were good the first few days but now they seem to be thrown off and I cant get them back so looking for some advice here. Now I can't test the CYA because I am waiting for the Reagent in the mail any day so hoping it comes in the mail today! I did have to add a good amount of water to the pool because I had to vac the pool to waste with some of the algae that was on the bottom of the pool so I lost a good bit of the water is the CYA low and that is why the pool still cloudy???

Here are my numbers yesterday
FC 8
TA 150
PH 10 (I did add borax to bring down the PH)
Calcium 150

Here are my numbers today
FC 5
TA 140
PH 8.2
Calcium 150

Well without a CYA level it's hard to say if your FC is in range or not. Cloudy water is usually a sign of water chemistry issues. Could be a start of an algae bloom. What was your CYA level the last time you checked ?
Can you provide a CC test ? When your reagents come post up the CYA level and that'll tell the story better.
Also the borax will RAISE your PH not lower it. Acid lowers PH.
It also could be when you did have algae you didn't fully follow all the way thru with the SLAM Process to totally get rid of it. Is that the process you used to fight the algae ?

Yup, get your PH down to 7.2. I would do another SLAM. SLAM isn't over until all 3 criteria are passed- one of which is clear water! As you're killing algae, it makes a white cloudy mess that needs to be filtered out. It takes days, sometimes weeks to for a sand filter to get the water crystal clear. Are you backwashing too much? 30% rise in pressure before doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

How'd you get a pH reading of 10? What did you use to test it?

mrcarazy is outposting me by seconds today... hahaha.

Read the SLAM process to get a good understanding of it and follow it to the T when you start the process. Maintain your FC so it doesn't get any worse and when you get a CYA level post it up so we can get you started. Without that level we don't know what the shock level is. ?

didnt realize there was a thing as backwashing too much we did backwash after the storm and then vac to waste as well several times because we didnt want the algae to go thru the filter

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks the reagent should be here hopefully today or tomorrow! I need this fix I had a crystal clear pool till this storm rolled in and had so many compliments ppl couldn't believe how clear my pool looked with Bleach lol and now its a mess. Its disappointing when you work so hard on these pools everyday for one storm! I appreciate the help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get your pH to a reasonable number before getting the FC up.... (acid lowers pH).

For future prevention, keep your FC at the higher end of the recommended range, this will greatly decrease the likelihood of a stray shower dropping you below the minimum threshold. I've had 2-3" of rain added at once to my pool with virtually no effect on my chems due to my Anal retentive nature. Not bragging, just saying if your chems are in line before the storm, they will be after it as well. Of course if you get a monsoon...all bets are off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.