Pump too powerful for manaul vacuum-Don't know what else to

mriche

Jul 24, 2008
hayward power-Flo Matrix Pump serier

Above ground doughboy 16x24-dug 2 feet in the ground
Returned Robo-Kleen cause that stopped working after 1 or 2 times.
Purchased good ole manual vacuum. Followed all the steps.
Hose from Skimmer to Pump collapsed upon vacuuming.
Thought...ok hose not strong enough to take suction pressure.
Went to 2 Home Depot's, 1 Lowes, 2 pool stores, no luck.
Finally found 1 1/2 inch clear braided flexi hose. Looks strong as could be.
In the rain (NY), went out to switch the hoses. Ok....a little wet, but that's ok cause this is going to work. Put all in place, and......same thing happened.

We're at our witts end. My husband is thinking about building a hose of pvc with elbows, etc. cause that can not collapse!

Kindly share your experience and fixes. This was supposed to be FUN!

Also...... Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filtration sytem blast sand for 1 or 2 seconds into the pool each time the filter is turned on.

Please :blah: help us!
Thank you in advance

Only thing I can suggest is to try connecting the vac. hose to the skimmer without the vac. head attached and see if it still collapses. If it doesn't, then you need to find a more free flowing vacuum. If it does, then I don't know what to do. How can you move the vacuum around the pool if it has hard plumbing?

HTH,
Adam

First, make sure you don't have a restriction in hose or vac that is reducing water flow. If that's not the problem, you need to let some water flow into the skimmer directly without passing through the hose. I'd buy a spare vacuum plate adapter and start drilling 1 inch holes in it until you get to a reasonable flow through the vacuum.

Hi
I had a problem, my suction was too strong, so I could not move the vac head, so my problem was not quite as bad.

I drilled some holes in the ends of my vac hose. This fixed my problem.

For your problem, you would need the holes in the skimmer end.

Randy

mriche said:
My husband is thinking about building a hose of pvc with elbows, etc. cause that can not collapse!

Alot of people have done that without any problems. Just remember to put a couple of unions in the line, close to each end. Have you tried PVC Flex Pipe?

I would still first check the vacuum hose real good for a blockage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.