I can't get my pool back clear.

Jul 14, 2014
Florida
Help. We got two weeks of rain, just about every day. Now I can't get my pool back clear. I have had my pool tested at the local pool store and my chemicals are spot on and chlorine is a high. I brush twice a day, tried "spot out", left it running for 30 hours. Cleaned the filter 3 times and no change. They also tested for phosphates the 2nd time because I said it was still green. They are between 0-100. I'm clueless now.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

One thing you will quickly learn is that we do not trust pool store testing ... especially statements like "spot on". Thus the reason you should invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits.

Cloudy water is nearly always due to a chemistry problem, so to help you fix it, we need to know test results.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Also, Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Agree with the above.

You need a recommended test kit (TF100) and start reading the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.