First water test by myself

Jul 4, 2014
Dallas, Tx
Howdy, guys.

Got my TF100 this aftertoon, and cannot wait for 1 sec but did first time ever water test.

07/14/2014 06:30PM

FC: 1.5
CC: 0.5
CYA: 30
TA: 100
pH: 7.8~8.0
CH: 400 ppm

It seems everything looks good except for pH and CYA. I would add another 1qt muranic acid tomorrow morning before work to lower pH first. but I do have a question for CYA adjustment.

I bought 4lb hth conditioner and stabilizer from walmart, but I'm not quite sure if I should wait for a couple of hours after adding murianic acid tomorrow morning, or I could just pull conditioner into a socket and hanging on skimmer. Please give some advice, thank you.

FC 1.5 is a little low, especially if you are raising CYA. I would get FC up to 4 or 5 to prevent algae from getting a start.

Thanks for advice. So, you suggested that I should hold CYA adjustment, but pull more bleach to raise FC first, do I understand you correctly?

If I understand correctly, conditioner and stabilizer would dissolve slowly, since I have to work and out of house tomorrow day time, can I start put conditioner sock in the skimmer, and pull bleach later after I come back from work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.