So as it turns out, my controller is set up for salt....

Jul 12, 2014
McKinney, TX
If I decided at some point to add it, what would I be looking at, cost and difficulty-wise? Is it something you can do yourself, or does it require professional install?

Incidentally, the way I found out was because my controller kept beeping. When I asked the PB why it was doing it, he said something along the lines of 'It is set up for salt, but you don't have it. You can ignore the beep.'.

What kind of controller are you talking about? Did the PB say why it was "set up for salt"? Salt water chlorine generators (SWG) require their own controllers.

As far as adding one yourself, the plumbing is generally straight forward, but are you comfortable with DIY electrical? The cost depends on the size of your pool.

What kind of controller are you talking about? Did the PB say why it was "set up for salt"? Salt water chlorine generators (SWG) require their own controllers.

As far as adding one yourself, the plumbing is generally straight forward, but are you comfortable with DIY electrical? The cost depends on the size of your pool.

I took a pic of the part of the controller that was beeping. :)

20140714_210845_zps29ab3d6d.jpg

I am not an electrician. I could certainly find one, should I decide it was worth it in the end.

That is a SWG, though I don't recognize the brand. The beeping is apparently because the salt level is too low for the SWG to work.

It seems very likely that if you add salt the SWG will start working.

Yes, there should be a unit with the cell plates installed in the plumbing and connected to the control panel with a cable. If the cable wasn't plugged in I would expect to see a different error message.

It appears to be a Jandy AquaPure PureLink. I've attached a link to the Jandy/Zodiac manual for the system. The item that you may be missing, the "Cell with Flow/Temp/Salinity Sensor", is shown on the drawing on page 8. You may also need the Chlorine Generator Transformer, shown on page 10. If the controller is already wired, adding the cell should be straight forward.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0325600.ashx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It appears to be a Jandy AquaPure PureLink. I've attached a link to the Jandy/Zodiac manual for the system. The item that you may be missing, the "Cell with Flow/Temp/Salinity Sensor", is shown on the drawing on page 8. You may also need the Chlorine Generator Transformer, shown on page 10. If the controller is already wired, adding the cell should be straight forward.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0325600.ashx

I found something similar last night (seemed like the whole catalog), and it said that you could use that one or the Nature2 Fusion salt system. It seems like I managed to pay (without knowing...rather irritating) for a chunk of a salt system.

If you have a Nature2 Fusion Soft, then that is a SWG combined with a mineral system. There is also a Nature2 Fusion that is a combination chlorine tab feeder and mineral system. There can be problems with mineral systems, including staining of the pool and green hair. It sounds like you have the one with the SWG. If that is the case, you probably need to add salt so the SWG portion will work. I don't have any experience with them myself, but it seems like a lot of people recommend disabling the mineral portion of the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.