Contest Idea??

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
I would like to run another contest to give away a TF-100 courtesy of Trouble Free Pool.com and would like some suggestions.

The contest needs to be simple enough to get a lot of participation and have clear benefits to the site.

Any ideas? (real idesa only please)

How about a contest for articles for the pool school? There are several topics that remain to be covered or a contestant may simply choose to write on a subject already covered if he/she feels he can make that article much clearer.

Alternatively, SeanB could pick a topic that he feels needs to be covered and let the contest be simply for that topic.

Judges could be SeanB or could be a panel. My personal thinking is that Mods and Special Contributors would not be eligible.

HI there,

I have learned a great deal by reading many posts and the articles from the pool school section even though my pool is still under construction.

I like duraleigh's suggestion about writing an article for the pool school but would like to for us newbies to also contribute to it as well. Maybe, adding a section for FAQ's for us newbies? Or must haves and accessories to consider for a pool. I mean how many times do you have to say you need a good test kit and post numbers before the experts can help you?

The pool of the month is good for those members who's pools are up and running, but you do have a lot of members who are under construction (like me) and would not be able to contribute. I also think that pool of the month would not be very fair because it would be subjective. What would be the criteria? We have such a variety of pools that it would be hard to determine unless you just drew it from a hat and that would not contribute much to the forum. How about a member of the month? With a criteria of number of quality posts (not just hi or that happened to me or I'm here for support) number of log in's etc...

Another suggestion could be a contest for new member referrals. I know that I have ranted and raved about this forum and all that I have learned to my hubby and friends and I still have an expensive metal hole in my yard. These new members could show pictures of their pools or soon to be pools and who referred them to the forum.

Sorry if it's a bit long just giving my .02

Raquel

P.S. Thanks for the spell check!!!

Good because I really need that kit and I don't have any money left over after all the goof-ups and upgrades from the metal hole. LOL!!!

Sorry about the spell check. I just realized that it's my browser. LOL

Raquel

poollovers said:
Good because I really need that kit and I don't have any money left over after all the goof-ups and upgrades from the metal hole. LOL!!!

Sorry about the spell check. I just realized that it's my browser. LOL

Raquel

I wondered what you were talking about on the spell check. :lol:

I know you are talking tongue in cheek so please don't take this the wrong way and remember, I don't have a kit to sell - but you really can't afford not to have a good test kit. If you can't afford a kit, you really aren't going to like all the money you are going to spend trying to keep your pool free of algae! :shock:

Yes, you are definitely right! Funny- I was just telling a friend how much cheaper the kit was than the wasting the gas it takes to get the water tested at a pool place and then deal with the uncertainty and algae! I will be getting the kit, as soon as the pool is nearing its completion. It was already put into the budget.

Thanks for your advice :)
Raquel

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.