LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2014
Highland Village, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have owned my pool for 18 years and used a ozonator for about the first 6 years. I have been using liquid bleach since I found TFP in January and the results are awesome. My pool is about 16,000 gals and averages about 44.5 oz of chlorine daily keeping it at 5ppm. I noticed that many on this forum have SWG systems and so I wonder what can a SWG do for my gunite pool?

You will spend $0 on chlorine because the SWG makes the FC from the salt in the pool. They are not meant to save money and any time we do a cost analysis, it ends up being about the same cost over the long run: whether you pay for a SWG up front or you pay to add bleach over the life of the cell.

Here is one example that includes most of the costs: http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...ison-between-the-Liquidator-and-a-Salt-System

The bleach may come out a little cheaper ... not counting your time and energy to haul the bleach.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me just add that if you have have soft natural stone around your pool like just about everyone in TX seems to have, then a SWG may not be a good idea for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.