Plumes of dust coming through after cleaning

Assuming you either don't have a DE filter, or do have a DE filter and are remembering to use the rinse setting on the multi-port valve: That almost always means a problem with your filter, torn cartridge, torn grids, or channelized sand, depending on the kind of filter. This can also happen with a defective multi-port valve, though then the symptoms are usually a little different.

Maybe you neeed to stop half way through and back wash the filter ,it could be you are getting all the dirt coming back through and that is the cloudy water effect.
try it once and see, after the first half of the pool ,stop,back wash the filter, then go back to vacuuming .
I had to learn how long/much my sand filter could pick up before I started to back wash.
When the water from the returns starts to get cloudy,STOP immediately and backwash!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.