New to Slaming

Aug 6, 2007
Tyler, TX
See below my signature for pool info. My salt cell died in early spring and I tried using the pool store to help clear things up. After spending a fortune, I decided to change over to trouble free pool. I purchased the TF-100 testing kid and using it now.
These were the test results on Thursday, July 10th when I started slamming.
FC = 10.5 (Added shock the day before)
CC = 1.5
CH = 300
TA = 190
CYA = 80
I showed my target FC to be 31.
A couple days before this, my pool store told me to add 25 lbs of sodium bicarbinate.
I started slamming on the 10th and the numbers are doing ok. I am keeping FC at 31 and my CC is sometimes 0.5 and sometimes 1. The sodium bicarbinate is still making the pool cloudy. It is not clearing up. Yesterday we took the steps out to really clean them better and hopefully that will help. I am using bleach 8.25%. Do I still just keep on slamming? When I sweep the pool I still see clouds of sodium bicarbinate. Any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

The cloudiness is probably dead bleached algae carcasses. Baking soda would have dissolved completely by now. CC will be all over the place during a SLAM, so don't worry about it until it looks like you're getting close to the end. Just keep maintaining the FC. Scrubbing the steps was a great idea. Two things: sand filters are the slowest to clear cloudiness, so that part is normal. You might speed it up by adding DE to your filter as mentioned in the SLAM article. But stick around afterwards, because it could load up really fast and need backwashing in a couple hours. It's the equivalent of setting a window screen on top a barbecue grill. You'll catch a lot more stuff. Second, anything you can do to improve circulation down low will help. Some people hook up the vacuum and set it on its side on the floor so you're drawing all the stuff that settles into the filter instead of just skimming the top couple inches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.