Try to raise TA and CYA, need some advice regarding the order of adding chemicals

Jul 4, 2014
Dallas, Tx
based on pool store test(i ordered TF100, but I haven't had it yet),

TA: 50ppm
CYA: 30ppm
pH: 8.0

since adding baking soda would raise pH, i wonder if my order of adding chemical is the best way.

1. adding acid first to drop pH to 7.2~7.4
2. adding baking soda after pH tests

As to CYA, i just bought 4lb conditioner/stabilizer from Walmart. I plan to pull some conditioner into a sock, then hanging on skimmer. But I m not sure if i should do that after pH lower or doesn't mater.

THhßnk you so much

Right now I would add muratic acid to get the pH down a little and wait for the test kit.

Don't add CYA until YOU confirm it is needed with your test kit. This is the test that pool stores mess up the most. They were telling me mine was 90 when it was 200+

Keep testing and adding chlorine (liquid) as needed until the kit arrives.

Right now I would add muratic acid to get the pH down a little and wait for the test kit.

Don't add CYA until YOU confirm it is needed with your test kit. This is the test that pool stores mess up the most. They were telling me mine was 90 when it was 200+

Baking soda will have a very small effect on pH.

However, I'm with Tim. Don't do anything until you get the kit and have results you can trust.

Thank you guys.

I added 1qt muratic acid this morning before work. And, i believe my test kit would arrive either tonight or tomorrow.I will perform my first test tonight(excited) and see how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.