Mice in Heat Pump

CCSkip

Jul 13, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Hi All,
I'm new to this website but glad to have found it.
Problem - Mice got into my Hayward HP this past winter and chewed many wires. I was able to replace and/or splice most of the damaged wires. However, the wiring harness that connects the control board to the interface board has specific and bundled connectors that are not readily available and I assume should be ordered from Hayward. Can anyone recommend a reliable source for this? I'm not sure Hayward will sell directly to me where I'm not a dealer.
On a related front - I'm two years into this pool and the mice made a mess of the HP. Is this a common thing? Should we have done something different or is there a way of preventing such things?

thanks,
George.

Had the same thing happen, except a lizard crawled across the bare wires that a mouse chewed, first thing I did was get rid of my bird feeder, I set a bait trap under the heat pump, I also put minced garlic around my bottom bird cage. They dont like it...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I had/have the same problem with my Larrs oil fired heater, They like to chew up the combustion chamber material ($550) for nesting.
When I rebuilt the heater this year I cleaned all the nests out and left some Mice ‘bait’s in the heater when it was put back together.
I haven’t use the heat on a regular basis but I do turn in on for 5-10 min every other day to heat things up to persuade any and all wildlife its not a place to hang out

you may find the parts here: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Hayw...tal-Pool-and-Spa-Heat-Pump/HP21104T/parts.htm

Had the same thing happen, except a lizard crawled across the bare wires that a mouse chewed, first thing I did was get rid of my bird feeder, I set a bait trap under the heat pump, I also put minced garlic around my bottom bird cage. They dont like it...
Neither do vampires so you should be safe from them as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.