converted to 220volts and heater wont work......need help!!!!!!

briank

Jul 13, 2014
Lunenburg
I have a strong spa, cyprus model. Bought from a friend 8 mos. ago, originally wired it 110 volts and everything has been great. Noticed it took a long time especially in the cold months to re-coup the temp after using it. The person I bought it from had it wired for 220v prior to me buying it and always ran fine. Recently I was told that the energy savings was well worth the conversion to 220v, so thie weekend I got the 50 amp gfci and the 6 ga. wire and proceeded to set it up. Got everything done according to the owners manual, (setting the dip switches etc.) started the spa and everything seems fine, but the heater says its working (warm light is on) but after 8 hours of being on I saw no temp increase. Its on st. mode, have tried memory reset by jumping the j43 pins. But after starting the spa it shows the 12 which from balboas info means its in 110v mode. Just spent $400.00 to save money and so far nothing. Anyone got any ideas? Could really use help......Thanks

Can't help with the heater, but you won't save any energy by going to 220. You double the voltage and the current halves, but the power used stays exactly the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.