Rust color - Help!!

Jul 13, 2014
Eatonton ga
Our pool was green so we gave it a shock treatment and immediately the pool water turned a rust color. I took our (over the pool ledge) salt generator and noticed a rust color coming from it. After cleaning it is now coming out without the coloring. I'm afraid whatever was coming from it had stained the water. What do I need to do? All levels are where they should be except calcium a little low at 100 & phosphate is too high 200.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. Everything we teach will begin and end with pretty accurate testing of your pool water and you haven't given us that,

Your CH may not matter but you don't tell us your pool surface. The phosphate level is totally irrelevant.

I hope you continue to read and learn. Using the methods we teach here at TFP is an eye-opening experience and we can help you get your pool crystal clear. We're gonna' need some accurate results to get you started, however.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.