A leak around my skimmer

Jun 3, 2014
Hollidaysburg, PA
Hey guys. I have a leak around my skimmer and it is really bumming me out. I did the install myself and followed the instructions to a T, and it leaked. I called the local pool guys to help out, 450 bucks later they installed another brand skimmer (Hayward). I had to drain half the water out and the top off for water cost me 140. I just don't know what to do. Do I call the pool store again and tell them they didn't fix it? Do you think I should pay for them to come back again? Should they pay for water delivery since they didn't fix it? I just don't know how to handle them. And I don't want them to take advantage of me.

Or Is there some kind of epoxy I can shove under the white plate? To seal it up. I just don't want to have to pay 140 bucks each time they think they fixed it. Ya know. I'm just so upset right now.

A71E1668-48BF-416D-9BF1-09B9188B2F4E.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I appreciate any input or help.

Give it sometime and see if it stops. How long has it been since the re-due ? The gaskets need to get good and soaked with water to seal tight.
I had the same problem with mine and after awhile it stopped.

I'd let it go for awhile and see what happens. Mine dripped for awhile before it stopped. Mine dripped just like in your pic.
Make sure all your skimmer screws are tight. Check in a cross pattern or start from the inside and work your way around.

Looking at the installation manual I found, there should be t-nuts on those bolts. Did the guys who installed it for you have experience working with Radiant pools? From what I've seen online they have a thick wall with a foam core. That is very different from the standard above ground pool. I would call them and let them know there is still a leak. After paying that much money you should have some recourse.

If you still have the skimmer that came with the pool save all the pieces and call Radiant first and see if they can give you some help over the phone or determine if you have any missing pieces. Some nuts may be all you need to hold the skimmer together.

Looking at the installation manual I found, there should be t-nuts on those bolts. Did the guys who installed it for you have experience working with Radiant pools? From what I've seen online they have a thick wall with a foam core. That is very different from the standard above ground pool. I would call them and let them know there is still a leak. After paying that much money you should have some recourse.

If you still have the skimmer that came with the pool save all the pieces and call Radiant first and see if they can give you some help over the phone or determine if you have any missing pieces. Some nuts may be all you need to hold the skimmer together.

Thanks for the reply. They guys that did the skimmer are a radiant dealer. In talking to them yesterday they say they do about 10 radiant each summer. That is why I called them. I figured I would pay a little more but they knew what they are doing. I bought the pool online after they quoted me 2k more. The local guys said the skimmer that came with it was junk so they recommended I have them install they Hayward. I was ok with that as I just want it done right without leaks.

I checked the manual and the bolts are in correctly. It does say to firmly tighten them but don't over tighten. Lol. WTH is that. Woman tight? Haha

- - - Updated - - -

I'd let it go for awhile and see what happens. Mine dripped for awhile before it stopped. Mine dripped just like in your pic.
Make sure all your skimmer screws are tight. Check in a cross pattern or start from the inside and work your way around.

I'll check tightness after dinner. When they were filling the pool it didn't leaked at all. Three hours later I checked and that as when I noticed it leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.