That was a good smoke

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I had friends over today for a BBQ/Pool party. Had about 15 kids in the pool along with parents having fun while I got the grub together.

The pool was sparkling blue and the perfect temp. I got a little worried as we got some rain from Dolly that clouded things up for a couple days. But today for the party it was gorgeous.

I smoked a 10.5 lb Brisket with a 2-1-1 salt/black pepper/cayenne rub. This took 15 hours to hit 190 and was delicious. I ended up finishing it the oven, because I had to smoke 6 racks of pork spare ribs, using a Memphis Rub for 4.25 hours. This was for the adults, the kids wanted hot dogs, so hot dogs they got!

Yum! Yum!

Man, that sounds good! I've GOT to try a true 'lo & slo,' the longest I've smoked so far has been maybe 2 hours or so with some chicken breasts. Brisket may just be the ticket for it, although I'd like to try some ribs, too.
Too bad it's getting close to lunchtime...

we just had our first BBQ of the season (real jobs suck!) and it was awesome!

Did a 9lb boston butt for about 10 hours with my NC apple cider vinegar and the 24 hr dry rub in the fridge prior...it was awesome!

Funny, with these large cuts I use to get them at the grocery store but we found an awesome butcher a few miles away; everyone's comment was "your BBQ is always awesome but there is something really great about this" I credit the butcher! Had one guest from overseas go back for 4th's :lol:

Also, we stopped using buns we use just some kind of sandwich wrap or pita pockets (makes the pulled pork not so messy) and you can still get plenty of meat & slaw in there ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.