Is this okay

Jul 13, 2014
mount olive
Installer says he can work in the slack (in bead to right if ladder) . I am skeptical. If it doesn't work I'll have wasted a lot if money on water. Thoughts?
my3a4uhe.jpg

It does not look good to me, although if it was me I would concentrate on trying to work it in on the left side as you have more length and your not dealing with the right corner.
On another note, why is the ladder installed? That should happen at the very end of things. The liner needs to be set with a vacuum and all the creases need to be removed.

It does not look good to me, although if it was me I would concentrate on trying to work it in on the left side as you have more length and your not dealing with the right corner.
On another note, why is the ladder installed? That should happen at the very end of things. The liner needs to be set with a vacuum and all the creases need to be removed.
This pool was originally built by a farmer with a dream. The ladder is hard set in the concrete, not removable.

If he gets the bead all stuffed in, is there anything I should look for when it is done that would kinda indicate something that would become a problem after a couple of seasons?

If he can get all of the bead to stuff back in there, the next step would be to set the liner with a vacuum.
When the liner is sucked into place you should know if you are going to have problems.
If there are wrinkles present during this process you will have them forever, if there are no wrinkles you should be good.

I don't think it's good for a liner to go without water very long, sitting in the sun. I could be wrong, but don't think it's a good idea. Is there any water in the pool at all? I can't imagine filling would cure that gap in the liner bead, can it be fixed at the right hand corner?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sort of got it figured out yesterday. We are really only dealing with / paying a local pool place. We did half payment up front. It turns out that delays we are experiencing are the fault of the pool place, not the contractor. For example (not the only holdup), the current hold up is missing foam on the walls. We noticed after it got to the point in the picture that they didn't install foam, which we payed the pool place for. That was the last time we saw him. When we call the pool place: The first Monday: The contractor will be out there later today to do some work and will finish it on Tuesday. On Tuesday (no contractor): He should be out there, we'll call and check. Two hours later and no response: 'We haven't had time to call him yet, we'll call him now.' Several more hours later the contractor actually calls us to let us know that the pool place forgot to order the foam and it should be in soon.

tl;dr - The pool place for some reason can't tell us that they made mistakes that are taking over a month instead of the 1 week they promised. Instead they seem to infer the contractor is at fault.

Right, their sub.
And today the delivery truck with the foam broke down. Maybe tomorrow it will be abducted by aliens just as it is pulling up to their store.

I have had issues within the last few years with Sprint when i changed my plan because their rep said i would save $20 / month but my bill went up $50 and Time Warner Cable when my kid (a minor) ordered the NBA ticket at $30 / month. Neither were willing to resolve the problem..... until i reported them to the Better Business Bureau. They changed their tune very quickly once i did and things were back to normal :cool:. It might be worth mentioning to them that you feel they are not delivering what they promised, you are very frustrated and that your next step will be to report them to the BBB. Or have your lawyer contact them.

So it is in now. There are some wrinkles that the installer still plans to work out. But I am worried about the stairs. The stairs have excess material in some spots and are stretched away from the sides in others. He doesn't set to think it will be problem really. I am concerned that it will stiffen and crack after a few years. I also worry that it might be a tripping hazard. Do you think there is anything I can do with them? Or is this just kind of normal?
9y3y4eqe.jpg

da9u2era.jpg
nata5ugy.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.