Tri-chlor Pucks question...

jimmerz

Jun 25, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, we MIGHT be leaving for a little vacation (5-7 days). I have been using the BBB method all year and for the most part my water has been sparkly clean and wonderful. I have a bucket full of pucks and since I am leaving I was looking for advice on how many I should put in my chlorinator and since I do not have a timer on my pump I guess I will have to leave it run 24/7 until I get home...?

Any advice?

Thanks!

One puck is good for roughly 10,000 gallons for two or three days. However, with a tablet feeder it is safe to just fill it up and not worry about counting tablets. The main issue is getting the adjustment knob on the chlorinator set correctly, which is not something I can really help you with as every pool is different.

Also, trichlor is fairly acidic, so raise the PH to the high end of the normal range before using trichlor tablets, if it isn't there already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.