TFP strikes again!

northrn

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I've become a pool snob. :shock:

Went to a friend's family pool party tonight and just couldn't bring myself to swim. Cloudy water with all sorts of algae carcasses ( :shock: ) yet they were very proud that this was the best their pool had looked all year!

Came home and jumped into my sparkly goodness! :bowdown: TFP!

I can jump on this band wagon, and you know what? Im proud to do so! LOL
We entertain quite a bit, people compliment me on the pool all the time and say "wow you need to come to my house".
When I explain to them how its done they glaze over, ok open your mind people if you do what everyone else does you get what everyone else has.....and in this case its a cloudy pool :)

It's amazing how brainwashed some people are. They really can't let go of their "pucks". :eek: I've tried to explain the CYA to chlorine relationship to some people and they just give me that blank stare like I'm an Alien! Then they start arguing with me that they are doing nothing wrong. Pool stored and not hearing anything else. I just smile and walk away.........!!

View attachment 31706

hee hee! I like it!

I felt really bad for them. They asked what I do to my pool and I replied with "I put bleach in it." That's "too much trouble" for them so they are gonna stick with pucks and "shocking" once a week. Good luck with that. You can come swim at my house when your pool goes from cloudy to flat out green.

It's amazing how brainwashed some people are. They really can't let go of their "pucks". :eek: I've tried to explain the CYA to chlorine relationship to some people and they just give me that blank stare like I'm an Alien! Then they start arguing with me that they are doing nothing wrong. Pool stored and not hearing anything else. I just smile and walk away.........!!

Pucks have a place if you understand your pool. I keep one in the pool at all times because of my schedule. I top off with bleach as needed, and adjust pH to counter the acid in the pucks. We lose enough water to splashout to balance the 1 or so ppm that the pucks add.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pucks have a place if you understand your pool. I keep one in the pool at all times because of my schedule. I top off with bleach as needed, and adjust pH to counter the acid in the pucks. We lose enough water to splashout to balance the 1 or so ppm that the pucks add.

I agree. But you must understand what the "pucks" do to your water chemistry. I use trichlor when I go on vacation. I intentionally keep my CYA on the lower side to compensate. You must have a bunch of active kids for the splashout! This is what is so cool about this website and TFPC. No pool store could give you this much information to control the maintenance of your pool!

I agree. But you must understand what the "pucks" do to your water chemistry. I use trichlor when I go on vacation. I intentionally keep my CYA on the lower side to compensate. You must have a bunch of active kids for the splashout! This is what is so cool about this website and TFPC. No pool store could give you this much information to control the maintenance of your pool!

Well, there is an example of two brilliant TFP's. They not only know WHAT they are doing but WHY they are doing it. Thanks for posting guys....warms my heart....seriously!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.