lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
So, it's Saturday night. What's for dinner?

I threw together a quick recipe that I googled. Since I had a Pork loin roast that has been staring me down in the freezer each time I open it. Figured tonite is a good time to chow on it.

I threw in some minced garlic, whole cranberry sauce, brown sugar, applejuice and a cored apple with the pork loin into the slow cooker. I'll let ya'll know how it comes out and if my kids and hubby eat it. :lol: Going to make rice and gravy with it. I still got to make a beer run before midnight! :thequeen:

Pork Loins are really good. The only problem with them is that they go dry pretty easily, you just can't cook them too long in a slow cooker. I like to put them in the oven in a stone roaster with a lid for like 2.5 hours for two of them at 325ish, then take them out and let them sit for awhile before cooking. I usually marinade them in Lawry's Teriake (sp?) and about a cup full of honey, some lime juice, and cranberrys too.

I also will cook them on the grill, indirect heat for around two hours with the temp at about 300 or so. As long as you keep the cutting into them to a minimum they are juicy. The internal temp I shoot for is 155.

We had a Luau themed bridal shower this evening at the pool (and backyard! There was tons of fresh fruit and all sorts of Hawaii Luau food m wife and neighbor cooked. Meatballs,smoked links done in a pineapple sweet sauce type thing, some kind of sweet potato Hawaiian thing. A few of the other women brought dishes as well.

The rain held off, we drank all kinds of beer and Luau punch and a good time was had by all !!

lulupalooza said:
So, it's Saturday night. What's for dinner?

I threw together a quick recipe that I googled. Since I had a Pork loin roast that has been staring me down in the freezer each time I open it. Figured tonite is a good time to chow on it.

I threw in some minced garlic, whole cranberry sauce, brown sugar, applejuice and a cored apple with the pork loin into the slow cooker. I'll let ya'll know how it comes out and if my kids and hubby eat it. :lol: Going to make rice and gravy with it. I still got to make a beer run before midnight! :thequeen:

WOW - a chick that gets the beer? How do I get that at home? Does the guy have to do tricks like a dog?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.