Tiger Shark with "sticky" brushes?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
This is my first post so if I've left anything out I'll be glad to clarify!

I was given an older model Tiger Shark robotic pool cleaner. It hasn't been used in several years so I don't want to sink a whole lot of money into it until I'm sure it works properly. I downloaded the manual from the internet and from what I can tell it is just a basic model. I had no issues removing and cleaning the filters. The brushes have a sticky feel to them that only comes off my fingers using soap...not just water alone. I'm not sure if this is from being stored without cleaning or just a breakdown of the material over time, or a combination of both.

Is it possible to clean the brushes to remove the stickiness? If so, how? As I said I have to use soap to remove the stickiness from my fingers so I definitely don't want to put this thing into my pool and have a mess on the liner.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide!! :)

Welcome.

Can you take the brushes off the vac and soak them and then rinse?

I'm into my ninth season with my Tiger Shark QC and my brushes do not have this sticky feel that yours seems to have. I suggest you replace them. I'm actually planning to replace my brushes soon just as a preventive maintenance action.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.