Installation of replacement Raypak board controller 010235F

weatherillgrp

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2014
Cortez, CO
The board controller on my Raypac Heater 266A has gone out. I ordered a replacement retrofit controller off the internet. It was $200 less expensive than the price quoted to me from a local heating and ventilation company. It arrived yesterday and I would like to get advice on how to install it. It looks like it would be fairly simple, but prior to doing so I thought it better to seek help from others with more profound knowledge of the task.

Turn power off to unit, replace board. Not that hard actually. Just place close attention where the connecters came from and then put them back on the corresponding connections on the new board. Actually there are no two alike connecters so it's pretty hard to flip flop them.

I replaced mine 2 years ago and found it to be extremely easy (turned off gas and electric). This is the second time in 5 years that the controller (Switch Decal Membrane) and Rocker Switch went. A friend of mine had to replace his after 6 months. My latch for the front also broke a couple of years ago. It heats the pool fine, but it definitely has some design challenges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.