How many gallons????

suzook

Apr 15, 2014
Stony Brook, NY
Hope this is in right area, but im wondering about my true gallons of water. My Liner schematic says 15,500, but if i use the pool calculator and put my dimmensions in, it comes out to about 24000. Wondering why such a difference? BTW, I have a 16x32. Shallow end is 3.5 for about 4 feet, then it goes to 8 on the deep end.

There are several things to keep in mind. Vinyl liner pools always have sloped sides below the depth of the shallow end, so the deep end isn't nearly as wide/long as the rest of the pool. PoolMath assumes vertical sides. Also vinyl liner pools almost always have rounded corners, not square corners, which also reduces the amount of water.

There are several things to keep in mind. Vinyl liner pools always have sloped sides below the depth of the shallow end, so the deep end isn't nearly as wide/long as the rest of the pool. PoolMath assumes vertical sides. Also vinyl liner pools almost always have rounded corners, not square corners, which also reduces the amount of water.

That makes sense, as that's exactly what I have. So I'm guessing what the blueprint for the liner is correct. 15,500 seems a bit low, but I guess with the angles and curves, that's correct.

I would believe the info from your liner. My pool is also 16' x 33' with 3 1/2' and 8' depths and from my calculations, comes out to 12,500 gallons. I have very large radius corners.

The 15,500 for your liner is also probably the completely full capacity of the liner. You probably only fill it to within 6 - 8" of full. As jblizzle stated, you can fine tune the gallons by calculating how chemical additions effect your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.