Help...what do you think about this sand filter

Hi expert!

We bought a house which already has a 10 years old AG pool. We decided to change few components of it like the discolored liner, dead pump, and sand filter. I already have the 2 first and now looking for the sand filter. The actual filter is a Hayward Pro Series S210TR. It is a top mounted valve which is not practical because the deck is low, height is around 40''. At this point, I decided to change for a side mounted valve sand filter.

So 2 questions:

1. is it ok to use rated inground sand filter as an above ground sand filter: I guess for the few posts I've read
  2. what do you think of this sand filter: Pentair Triton TR60 with these specs:
    Effective Filtration Area (sf): 3.14
    Flow Rate (gpm): 63
    8 Hr: 30240 10 Hr: 37800 12 Hr: 45360
    Sand required: 325lbs

Thanks in advance for your!

There is really no difference between and in ground filter and an above ground filter. The pump is what drives the water through the filter. You choice should be just fine. Will it be installed under a deck?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.