Dolphin Triton - Should it Stop Where it Started?

hdrewh

Jul 11, 2014
New City
Hi All, first post here, first-time pool owner, looking forward to learning and eventually contributing.

I have a Dolphin Triton which I like very much. However it does not return to it's original starting point when finished and I'm not sure if I should expect it to or not. When complete, it stops in seemingly random places, sometimes the deep end, when I have to gently pull it in by the cable to get it out.

I emailed Maytronics and they replied with 'How Your Dolphin Works' and Troubleshooting .pdf's but neither answers my question.

Pool is inground, 16' x 32' oval, ~8ft at the deep end, 3-4ft and stairs at the shallow end

Thanks for any input,
Howard

Welcome to TFP Howard. :wave:

I think you are expecting way to much out of your cleaner to stop where it started.

I have a Dolphin, a different model, and it never stops where it started. Mine has a remote control, so if it's not in the part of the pool where it's easier to get it out, I use the remote and just "walk" it over using the remote's joystick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.