Lighting Question

May 22, 2008
Florida
Ok I have posted pictures of my pool and the desire I have to build a deck around it this fall (its to Dang hot to do that much work now!) But.. that part of my yard is SUPER dark at night due to the woods being so thick around me. (my neighbors across the street dont seem to have the same issue).

I have been searching high and low and cannot find the strings of lights I am looking for to use when I finally get the deck built. Does anyone know who or where sells the strings of lights using the smallish bulbs like what you use in your refrigerator? I have loads of colored tiny christmas lights wrapped around the trees but those really arent cutting it. I want something a bit more substantial that puts off a lot more light. (even being in the pool its hard to see the people around you its so dark)

I have seen these lights at carnivals, smaller car sales lots, ocationally at an outdoor cafes, but I cannot locate them in town nor on the internet. All I find is the tiny christmas lights or the slightly bigger c7 and c9 bulbs.. those are just to small...

Any suggestions?

A picture of the backyard at night. (notice you can barely see the torches behind the pool?)
100_5847.jpg

And in the day;
Pool4b.jpg

yeah I did google.. Those will work but are still not quite what I am looking for. Although I am thinking I may just get a couple strands that look like that and call it a day.

The more planning I do for this vow renewal/anniversary party we are going to throw, the more headache I have! I should just rent a place for a few hours!

Thanks for the help Mike!

Alli~

This is what you are looking for. It's called an Attach - A - Socket. Available thru ACE Hardware sku 30578, $2.49 each.
The small pic is the replacement sku 30880, same price. These are just the sockets so you can build your own.

COOPER WIRING" ATTACHON SIGN
SOCKET
*Medium base
*Takes No. 14 to No. 12 2-
conductor stranded Type R cord
*Rubber covered
*Hook mounting
*UL listed, CSA approved
*Boxed
CLOSE-OUT ITEM -
Discontinued by vendor.
REPLACEMENT STOCK NUMBER

Attachments

• 323212.jpg
    323212.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 925
  • 323505_Thumb.jpg
    323505_Thumb.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 927
Absolutely the best match I have seen yet Meatloaf. I bet those would work perfectly!

OOOH I am LOVING the globes partypond! Simply because they are colored and 1. wont attract bugs, and 2. because all the other lights are colored!

They light up the place really well? Could you snap a pic for me? I would have to figure a way to hang them as they dont seem to hang on thier own cords... I bet I could just run some heavy gauge wire and clip them to that...

THANKS! I am going to look into all the options and see what fits best.

You guys rock.. as usual!

Alli~

Here are pictures of my yard before the light are on and then after. The back wall that you can see is about 50 feet away and it is really dark outside with out the light on.

Sure wish there was a pool to show you too!! Soon!

2719933397_09f1276db0.jpg

2720757650_59779c1a44.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.