Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lighting Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Lighting Question

Ok I have posted pictures of my pool and the desire I have to build a deck around it this fall (its to **** hot to do that much work now!) But.. that part of my yard is SUPER dark at night due to the woods being so thick around me. (my neighbors across the street dont seem to have the same issue).

I have been searching high and low and cannot find the strings of lights I am looking for to use when I finally get the deck built. Does anyone know who or where sells the strings of lights using the smallish bulbs like what you use in your refrigerator? I have loads of colored tiny christmas lights wrapped around the trees but those really arent cutting it. I want something a bit more substantial that puts off a lot more light. (even being in the pool its hard to see the people around you its so dark)

I have seen these lights at carnivals, smaller car sales lots, ocationally at an outdoor cafes, but I cannot locate them in town nor on the internet. All I find is the tiny christmas lights or the slightly bigger c7 and c9 bulbs.. those are just to small...

Any suggestions?

A picture of the backyard at night. (notice you can barely see the torches behind the pool?)

And in the day;
    Intex vinyl 18' x 48 " AGP

Learning the ropes so I can grow up and have my very own big kid pool! (IE -SUPER NOOB!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lighting Question

Google is your friend - I Googled "light strings", and here's one of many web sites that came back. This particular site has the light strings you want on the home page.

www.budgetlighting.com
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

yeah I did google.. Those will work but are still not quite what I am looking for. Although I am thinking I may just get a couple strands that look like that and call it a day.

The more planning I do for this vow renewal/anniversary party we are going to throw, the more headache I have! I should just rent a place for a few hours!

Thanks for the help Mike!

Alli~

Learning the ropes so I can grow up and have my very own big kid pool! (IE -SUPER NOOB!)

4. Back To Top    #4

This is what you are looking for. It's called an Attach - A - Socket. Available thru ACE Hardware sku 30578, $2.49 each.
    The small pic is the replacement sku 30880, same price. These are just the sockets so you can build your own.

COOPER WIRING" ATTACHON SIGN
    SOCKET
    *Medium base
    *Takes No. 14 to No. 12 2-
    conductor stranded Type R cord
    *Rubber covered
    *Hook mounting
    *UL listed, CSA approved
    *Boxed
    CLOSE-OUT ITEM -
    Discontinued by vendor.
    REPLACEMENT STOCK NUMBER
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just a thought, but take a look at these on Ebay.
    Item number: 140252243016
    They come on a string and can have other strings added.

Jeannebbooks

6. Back To Top    #6

I know this is not really what you are looking for but we have 2 sets of these (the clear ones) in our yard. We have had them for about 6 years and they still work great. Our yard is about 45' x 50' and these 2 strands light up the whole yard REALLY well. Just another option for you...http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-set-of-6/1549
    36x16 gunite, 14,500 gallons, Jandy 2.0hp VS Epump, Jandy CL460 filter, Automatic chlorinator, Jandy Legacy 400K BTU Heater, Polaris 1.5HP spa blower, 2 Colorlogic pools lights and 1 Colorlogic spa light, Polaris 3/4HP booster pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Jandy PS4 with PDA, QuartzScapes Montego Bay plaster, OK flagstone coping, spray deck (aggregate effect) - completed 3/2011

7. Back To Top    #7

Absolutely the best match I have seen yet Meatloaf. I bet those would work perfectly!

OOOH I am LOVING the globes partypond! Simply because they are colored and 1. wont attract bugs, and 2. because all the other lights are colored!

They light up the place really well? Could you snap a pic for me? I would have to figure a way to hang them as they dont seem to hang on thier own cords... I bet I could just run some heavy gauge wire and clip them to that...

THANKS! I am going to look into all the options and see what fits best.

You guys rock.. as usual!

Alli~

8. Back To Top    #8

My friend has those globes up at his cabin in North WI. They're totally surrounded by woods and have a string of these on their deck. They work WONDERFULLY and light it up really well.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

9. Back To Top    #9

Here are pictures of my yard before the light are on and then after. The back wall that you can see is about 50 feet away and it is really dark outside with out the light on.

Sure wish there was a pool to show you too!! Soon!

36x16 gunite, 14,500 gallons, Jandy 2.0hp VS Epump, Jandy CL460 filter, Automatic chlorinator, Jandy Legacy 400K BTU Heater, Polaris 1.5HP spa blower, 2 Colorlogic pools lights and 1 Colorlogic spa light, Polaris 3/4HP booster pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Jandy PS4 with PDA, QuartzScapes Montego Bay plaster, OK flagstone coping, spray deck (aggregate effect) - completed 3/2011

10. Back To Top    #10

Try looking at the LEDs they are super bright and use much less electricity, not to mention the bulbs last forever.